Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57 ring

Knighty2112

Another clear night last night, so managed some more shots with my Canon 4000D attached to my C8 SCT. Stacked 9 exposures of 15 seconds each at ISO3200. Stacked in DSS, and processed through PS. Managed to pick up some red at the fringes of the ring for the first time too.

M57_01_09_18.thumb.png.8094b5991edf8663ccb08ae23fd6eaaa.png

9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Great stuff Gus, you’ve got the central star too! Colour starting to come through nicely.

Thanks Stu. Conditions were much better than the previous night, plus the moon was much more out of the way too so could get more from the 15 second exposures, whereas the previous night I had to either increase the exposure times or the ISO setting which then brought in more LP.

16 minutes ago, Craney said:

Nice shot.

An object that really tests the tracking ..... I have a few M57.5's,  "the Oval Nebula" in my collection !!!

Thanks. There was no tracking on this, just the goto tracking on it only. Tracking with a camera is going to be next next step to add in to my set up too. I have a ZWO ASI 120 mc that I can use for that. Just need a suitable small guidescope to fit on the C8 SCT. :) 

Archived