NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7331

bazza

Darn good image Barry some serious detail in the Galaxy ,just one thing , the stars , any reason why they are not nice and round.

Rog

Rog,

In one word - Guiding!

I have struggled with guiding now for about 2 years and still haven't got it right.

For instance, the night started off well, the first 8 frames have beautiful round stars, but then they very slightly start to trail and well....the rest is the story of my astro imaging!!

I'll get depressed if I talk about my lack of guiding too much!!

Polar alignment is excellent, balance good, PEC trained. etc. etc.

Barry.

Nice one Barry,

Had a go at this myself last night, well when I say had a go I mean I set out to try for it and the quintet. Had all sorts of trouble again with the guiding despite adding power to the usb hub. Finally gave up and tried M45 Struggled to focus after rotating DSLR to get the correct orientation. Then discovered that I had not got enough inward movement. Took a spacer out of the chain and all was OK.

Got a couple of decent short exposure ( 5 min ) so went for 10. Cloud rolled in and confused PHD so it took a little jump and screwed the image.

Decided it was not to be so gave up.

Must try harder next time :)

Rob

Archived