NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sol 21-8-2018 Ha

Ibbo!

1 hour ago, Anne S said:

Lovely, I wish my processing was as good as that, I've improved since your talk last year. Of course I need to be able to see the sun....

Yes it does help somewhat - i have had a 13 day drought.

if you are going this year pop round with some of your data and we will have a little play.

4 hours ago, jimao22 said:

Very nice.

What set-up did you use for this particular picture?

Can you tell me the resolution in arcsec/pixel?

Lunt 60mm chameleon 3 cam with coronado d/s unit lunt 1200 b/f

3 hours ago, jimao22 said:

I am looking for a set-up having your capabilities to reveal all stunning flares and protuberances on the Sun but everything at a resolution of 1 arcsec/pixel.

Can you give me a hint?

as I said mine runs at 1.42 arcsec/pixel so you would need something with either samller pixels or longer focal length or get a barlow or power mate to work without Newtons Rings

You also need a larger chip than Flir Chameleon as Sol only just fits on it at that scale  or you will need to do mosaics

3 hours ago, jimao22 said:

I am looking for a set-up having your capabilities to reveal all stunning flares and protuberances on the Sun but everything at a resolution of 1 arcsec/pixel.

Can you give me a hint?

I use a Skyris274 on my Lunt LS60 if I use a 2X Barlow it gets me .91 arcsec/pixel but the Sun only just squeezes on to the sensor when it's at it smallest leaving no room for proms.

Dave

Archived