camera on telescope

KAYCE

Moon photo taken 9pm 16th,setting's 1/100 sec,F/6.3,ISO 125. I think this should have been a lot better,can anyone advise

should I have used better setting's,bit disappointed with result.many thanks,Ken.

DSC_2056.JPG

Hi Mikey,well at 9.pm the sky was still a bright blue,i was using a remote to take quite a few 

shot's but this photo was about the best.I have the Skywatcher 127,and also Nikon D5300.

The results should be far better with your scope camera combination, I would use liveview to make sure that the focus is spot on but it does look like there is some motion blur too, can you shoot with the camera mirror lock up function enabled?

Alan

Hi Alan,My camera was attached to scope without lense,I normally do this,later  on had a look at the photo

and setting's  showed the speed,ISO and Aperture.

When I attach my camera to the scope without lense as  I normaly do,does that mean I cannot alter the speed and ISO

while it is attached to the scope ? 

10 hours ago, KAYCE said:

Hi Alan,My camera was attached to scope without lense,I normally do this,later  on had a look at the photo

and setting's  showed the speed,ISO and Aperture.

When I attach my camera to the scope without lense as  I normaly do,does that mean I cannot alter the speed and ISO

while it is attached to the scope ? 

If I'm understanding the question, then I believe its the aperture you can't adjust as that's fixed with the scope. ISO and shutter speed you can still adjust accordingly

You should be able to manage much better than that, so don't be too disappointed.

What is the scope mounted on? I tend to agree it does look like camera shake rather than focus but it is hard to tell. Do you have live view? If so then use that and zoom in so you can fine tune the focus. Mirror lock is also worth trying to reduce any shake.

Let us know how you get on.

Archived