Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cephus - Cygnus border (Samyang 135)

Uranium235

It seems to have taken ages to put this one together, given other things that have been going on in the background (non-astro stuff).

But this week Ive been able to add a couple more panels to make a 2x2 mosaic, though processing was tougher than expected due to the sheer volume of stars in the image. Dont try a star count with DSS... I tried it and it didnt like it...lol.

Noteable areas of interest are the Flying Bat, IC1396 and the Cocoon (down in the bottom right corner) - which have been boosted with some Ha data from the Star71. Another unexpected issue was the amount of cropping I had to do because of sky curvature (must be a consequence of imaging near the zenith) - its definitely not down to camera rotataion becuase that is mechanically fixed.

25x240 (L) x4 panels

Samyang 135mm @f2, Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Thanks for looking :)

44000975671_708169524c_k.jpg

Fullsize: Here

This is a super mono and I am really surprised at how small the Cocoon is ? In fact I didn't even realise it was there!! What a cracking image and so well processed and stitched. I'd love to see the entire Bat..... but I imagine it's hard to know where to stop or in which direction to go ?

2 hours ago, swag72 said:

This is a super mono and I am really surprised at how small the Cocoon is ? In fact I didn't even realise it was there!! What a cracking image and so well processed and stitched. I'd love to see the entire Bat..... but I imagine it's hard to know where to stop or in which direction to go ?

Thanks Sara :) yep there are a lot of possibilities for this one. It's just a case of which way do I go? I'll try going right (or south in this case) and see what that gets me.

Fortunately I have spare data from all areas of Cygnus,  so it wouldn't be too hard to perk up areas of interest.

3 hours ago, CCD Imager said:

A good image with a lot of hard work there. 

Do you have a filter wheel in line?

No FW, no room for one! I use the integrated 2" filter thread that is inside the bayonet > T2 adaptor. Bit of a pain to change filters, but it's solid and it works :) 

2 hours ago, CCD Imager said:

I have the ASI1600MM and because the sensor is closer to the front and the filter wheel very slim, I think I might be able to use this lens with my camera and be able to produce LRGB, Ha etc. Does any one know?

I believe there are one or two people who use that camera and lens combination quite successfully... though their names have slipped my mind for the moment :) 

Though I have to add, try not to go for the exact spacing of 44mm. Aim a little under that (43.5ish), that will ensure you avoid the hard infinity stop that lens has (some lenses can focus past infinity, but not that one).

Lovely image Rob ?

The adapter for attaching my Sony version of the lens to the ASI 1600 has just turned up (hoping it is better machined than the previous one which was far from orthogonal!).  Wondering how to get a filter in the image train... ?

Helen

Archived