NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Feel like I really got started last night.

RiponJas

Last night felt like the first time I got to grips with what I'm slowly learning to understand.. 

I maybe using goto functions but it's helping me understand where everything is, probably wouldn't recognise some things otherwise. 

Got quite accurately polar aligned then did a two star alignment which is enough for visual use it seems using Arcturus and Vega, both of which where just about dead central in the EP (miracle). 

Started off easy and followed jupiter for a while before trying to guess a few stars before using the goto. Had a look at a few doubles then tried a few clusters. Started with the double cluster in Perseus, really did look like an explosion in a diamond shop. Lovely.  Then moved onto m13 the Great cluster in hercules, wow. Found that rather impressive. Went through a few ep's on that but found my simple 12.5mm and 6.5mm plossls had it looking rather sharp.  (x96 & x164) 

So to round it off with an opinion, frankly my best viewing session to date. ? 

Well done Jas. M13 never fails to impress no matter how many times you see it. :) Was out last night doing some testing of my Canon camera piggybacked on to my C8 SCT on my AVX GoTo mount. Connected up via WiFi and Skysafari, and ended up viewing comet 21P/Giacobini-Zinner-Zinner in Cassiopeia, which I just managed to snap with the Canon, but looked very nice in my 18mm X-Cel EP. 

Archived