NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello Again

Becky

Hello again,

I just thought I would say hello again after a long absense. I don't think I have posted since about march. I do dip in occasionally and loved what the members did for Sir Patrick Moore. Had an interesting summer though. I'm now a full time student again studying Access to Nursing at a local college.

I guess I'm a winter astronomer. I've never been much of a nighthawk, so in the summer I don't really get the scope out much. I did use it once and that's about it. I got it out this afternoon and checked it all over. Just in time for the clocks going back in a week or two. Long dark nights beckon :)

I love the Pliades and the night I saw Saturn for the first time just about blew me away. I don't have a particularly powerful telescope, so this winter I think I am going to make a point of focussing on Lunar observations.

Peace and Clear Skies.

Always lovely to meet an old friend! :) You should get good views of some of the better open clusters with your scope, and also with your binoculars. The first time I saw M44 was in a pair of 8x21 binocs. The Orion Nebula, and the asterisms around it, should be good targets at about 100 power. See all you can, while you can, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived