NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looking for quality USB cables

kbrown

Hi,

Past couple of times I've been out and about with my gear I've had some intermittent USB comms porblems that  seem to boil down to poor quality USB cables. I'm now thinking of replacing all of them. I'm looking for about 2m long cables (Type A to type B and Type A to mini) with quality gold plated connectors and cables that would retain flexibility even in cold weather. The typical cheap PVC cables turn real hard in cold weather. Any recommendations are welcome.

Ta,

Kari

Be aware that a high quality, reliable, connection requires good USB sockets as well as good cables. Even worse: the "weakest link" can even be the joint on the PCB from the track to the socket pin

I would recommend this Youtube video which illustrates some issues with just the power handling capabilities of USB cable

I wouldn't be tempted to get the cheaper Lindy cables. I'm sending a couple back to Amazon tomorrow after they scuppered a couple of imaging sessions. The plugs aren't anywhere near as strong as the metal Cromo ones. 

Archived