NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Putting a finderscope on a heritage 130p

I was just wondering how people got round this one?

having fitted the supplied RDF to the little plastic holder, my kids have managed to inadvertently snap it off twice, and broke it.  I notice the setup doesn’t lend itself well to the installation of any sort of plate or quick release, and it all feels a bit fragile up there (well if you have kids and two daschunds zooming around it feels very very fragile!)I’m mulling over fitting something to the main tube but that’s quite a long way from the end of the scope. 

Anyone come up with any ingenious solutions?

10 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Interesting light shroud, can I ask how you made it?

It’s simply a roll top stuff sack of sufficient diameter to fit over the scope. Both ends were cut off to create a tube without the buckles and clasp. I cut an aperture for the eyepiece holder and I flocked the interior. 

It sits flat at the bottom of a suitcase when we travel...

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/07/2018 at 13:40, Stargazer McCabe said:

I simply drilled 2 holes through the body of the scope, just behind and to one side of the eyepiece holder when closed so I could mount a finder shoe...

9BE88BC0-6F8A-4240-ADE1-B3E36245F709.thumb.jpeg.3f4acea4a5054dbad9faf60a2b823da8.jpeg

What size is that Right angle finder?

As shown above, I simply drilled two holes without problems. Here in my own Heritage below...

IMAG1583_zpsqucab4gg.jpg

...mounting a 6x30 right angle finder there doesn't cause any balance issues for me when the tube is extended for use.

Mark

Archived