The Weather

I have to laugh, That is otherwise id cry.

I like all you others on here long for endless clear skies so I can image, observe, or whatever in our universe.

I send my camera to HongKong for repairs. Ive got a cracking sun tan from the last 3 weeks its been away.

Its finally arrived safe, sound, and very much repaired back with me.

Now im not talking E=MC2 here but why is it living in the UK with all my gear returned to me the heatwave (In Carlisle Anyway) seems to of come to a halt and

E=No Images M=Pouring Rain and C=Cloudy as Hell Skies? oh and add the 2 or square of the sum and that's just because its an added extra when you live in cumbria to get it several times worse lol.

Anyway Clear Skies guys ?

Stu

We were in La Palma a couple of weeks back.

The forcast was amazing - clear skies every night.

When we arrived, there was a grey haze in the sky in all directions, which turned out to be dust from the Sahara. This didn't clear until the last night we were there by which time, of course, I'd returned the rented EQ6-R to the shop.

Last time I went to La Palma, I broke my filter wheel on the first night.

What a hobby! ;)

Definitely sods law...sold some equipment a couple of months back to change my set up and have been without camera for some of the best and clearest nights of the year! I know once I get sorted the universe will probably end.....

20 hours ago, Pompey Monkey said:

We were in La Palma a couple of weeks back.

The forcast was amazing - clear skies every night.

When we arrived, there was a grey haze in the sky in all directions, which turned out to be dust from the Sahara. This didn't clear until the last night we were there by which time, of course, I'd returned the rented EQ6-R to the shop.

Last time I went to La Palma, I broke my filter wheel on the first night.

What a hobby! ;)

I actually lived on Tenerife for 5 years. The dust you saw is from the Sahara desert. It's called a calima (probs spelt wrong) and yes will block out your view and last about a week ?

Interesting post, Stu.  I'm on the southern Spanish coast at the moment and for the first few days we were here the view was very hazy and grey.  Not only could I not see the horizon, I couldn't even work out roughly where it might be.  There's a lot of fine reddish-brown dust around, too.  I wonder if the cause might be similar.

James

1 hour ago, JamesF said:

There's a lot of fine reddish-brown dust around, too.  I wonder if the cause might be similar.

I don’t think that Martian dust storms get quite this far? 

8 hours ago, JamesF said:

Interesting post, Stu.  I'm on the southern Spanish coast at the moment and for the first few days we were here the view was very hazy and grey.  Not only could I not see the horizon, I couldn't even work out roughly where it might be.  There's a lot of fine reddish-brown dust around, too.  I wonder if the cause might be similar.

James

If your on the south coast very probably the same.

Very much the south coast.  A little east of Malaga and when the weather isn't quite as murky as it was today I can see the shoreline even from here, 500m above sea level.

James

Archived