Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Noticed something familiar while playing KOTOR 2...

pipnina

I've been playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 (2004) recently, and noticed something rather familiar in the background of a cutscene.

I quite like spotting real astronomical objects in video games. Like Mass Effect's (2007) Horsehead nebula being a location you can visit, and how Homeworld (1999) uses M51 as the galaxy image.

image.thumb.png.93652276df20f4b850a2f05efab49737.png

Anyone else found real objects in any video games / movies / TV shows recently?

I've been watching a series on Netflix called "The Expanse", its a Sci-Fi and they use star fields that are actually real. They have a wide field Orion/Taurus (including Hyades and Pleiades) that gets used quite a lot. 

It reassures me (rightly or wrongly) that they are taking the "science" a little more seriously !

Ant

5 hours ago, Ant said:

I've been watching a series on Netflix called "The Expanse", its a Sci-Fi and they use star fields that are actually real. They have a wide field Orion/Taurus (including Hyades and Pleiades) that gets used quite a lot. 

It reassures me (rightly or wrongly) that they are taking the "science" a little more seriously ! 

Ant

Its a great series, I'm looking forward to the third.

25 minutes ago, Astroscot2 said:

Its a great series, I'm looking forward to the third.

Have you read the books? I have all 7 (only read up to half way through 6). The first is called "Leviathan Wakes" by James S A Corey. 

They are also very good. The series seems to do reasonable justice to the book. :)

My current reading list... 

IMG_20180720_141352.thumb.jpg.807e0d3bf1bd4f9ca9c7945ccda0feaf.jpg

Archived