Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Incoming!

Stu

You'll enjoy them, Stu!  My two "bruisers" are the 992g ES 30/82 and a now-discontinued 708g Meade 5000 UWA 20/82 (from USA).  Both good performers, although the ES sometimes gives the Ring Of Fire effect, e.g. with a bright Moon - not uncommon in such EPs.   Look and feel? - for what they're worth, I prefer the Meade!

I'd really like something nice at the top end to replace the Rev 42/65.  I can't justify the cost of a Panoptic 41/68, but the ES 40/68 is reportedly well over the kilogram (the max. I wish to work with).  Maybe I'll stick with the Rev!

Doug.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Stu OK. Understand. That’s possibly a bit more convenient as I think he’s a bit closer to you too. 

If that doesn’t come off, I had a chat with the boys over breakfast and we will be back Saturday after a round somewhere in the morning. 

I’m not sure exactly when we’ll be back at the moment  as my mate tends to only log his flight plans a few hours before we want to head off, but I’m pretty sure from this morning’s conversation that we’ll be back so you and I could meet up that evening ?

Possibly all a bit “up in the air” if you forgive the pun. So, understandably, your other option might be preferable as it’s bound to be more straightforward...

If you do want mine I’ll keep you posted as soon as we work out what’s organised as far as getting home...

2 hours ago, Stargazer McCabe said:

@Stu OK. Understand. That’s possibly a bit more convenient as I think he’s a bit closer to you too. 

If that doesn’t come off, I had a chat with the boys over breakfast and we will be back Saturday after a round somewhere in the morning. 

I’m not sure exactly when we’ll be back at the moment  as my mate tends to only log his flight plans a few hours before we want to head off, but I’m pretty sure from this morning’s conversation that we’ll be back so you and I could meet up that evening ?

Possibly all a bit “up in the air” if you forgive the pun. So, understandably, your other option might be preferable as it’s bound to be more straightforward...

If you do want mine I’ll keep you posted as soon as we work out what’s organised as far as getting home...

Thanks very much Simon, much appreciated 

Looks like it might be sorted, just spoke with APM and for a little more cash they can get me one here by Friday latest which is great! So, please relax over your round, you now have time to be hacking it out of the rough for a bit longer ;)

I may still take Gavin up on his offer so I can do some comparisons myself!

@Stu 

Glad you’re sorted one way or t’other.

I hope you like the 20mm as much as we do. The APM 100* 13mm and Lunt 9mm are equally good in all our scopes... 

Although they are probably of the same optical quality as the Myriads, I couldn’t get on with the twist up eyecups on the Myriads. 

If you want to ever try the 13 and 9...

Enjoy your break.

I now have my grubby mits on both of these very nice looking and feeling eyepieces :)

Will post up in the ‘Postman’ thread, but here is a pic of the 20mm which arrived yesterday, v good service if a little pricey!

CFF7B77A-0BC0-4A9A-9EDE-3620A1431847.jpeg

1 hour ago, Geoff Barnes said:

Nice!

I really fancy trying one of those in my 12 inch Dob, though the Myriads are a lot cheaper, but are they as good???.....?

Geoff I have used a 20mm and 9mm Myraid for nearly 2 years - I find them very good in my 12" Dob. I previous had a 21mm and 8mm Ethos and IMHO there is not a huge difference. I know that the APM has had some great reviews but I am very satisfied with my Myraid EPs. My only regret is there is nothing between the 9mm and the 20mm so I have a 13mm Ethos.

Archived