Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Adventurer power

9 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Has anyone had any success running one of these from a power bank? When plugged into my 20,000mah 5v 2.4a pack the unit turns on for about a minute and then switches off.

Should work but some of those power packs shut off after a time for some reason.

I run mine off a USB socket on my 12volt power supply.

Dave

Power banks expect to be charging something with a sizeable power drain, if not enough current is drawn they switch off. Attach something to the second port if it has one e.g. a phone that needs charging or rig up a dew heater to run off 5v with a USB connector - anything to draw current.

HTH 

Duncan

Mine's had the same AA batteries in it since January. The manual even said that a single set of AAs should give you over 70 hours of operation.
I have a power pack but I have only used it to power my dew heater. If you also have a dew heater try plugging it into the battery pack at the same time as the SA so it draws enough power to stay switched on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mine (and all my other gear) will run for multiple nights from my leisure battery. 

Downside is it weighs a ton, but I have housed it in a toolbox to make transportation easier. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived