My take at Crescent and Soap

alexbb

I'm in a rush of shooting everything's possible. I did not plan this at the beginning of the nebulae season, but then I went for it. It took me much longer than I expected, 10 nights actually.

I included in this one some DSLR data taken through the SW72ED.

The image is a RGB-HOO combination.

198min of DSLR data (132x90s, ISO400), channels split, re-registered to the master, combined each channel with RGB taken through colour filters (45x1min each), then made a master RGB.

7h of Ha, 8h of O[III], 5 min subs.

Main data taken with the ASI1600, through the Esprit80, ZWO RGB filters, Optolong NB filters.

More acquisition details and split data here: https://www.astrobin.com/352923/

Going to sleep now, finally...

Clear skies!

Alex

NGC6888-2018-06-24-RGB-HOO_p01_066.jpg

NGC6888-2018-06-24-RGB-HOO_p02_066.thumb.jpg.608314ea1b7601678896861b222b8925.jpg

Thank you, both!

Richard, I sometimes think about and envy your Epsilon when I shoot with the Esprit. About the same FL, more than twice the amount of light... not sure if I should change the scope or double the amount of scopes/cameras...

3 hours ago, carastro said:

Excellent image, lovely star colour.  It always takes me ages to spot the soap Bubble, but it is very clear once found, well done.

Carole 

Many thanks, Carole!

On 02/07/2018 at 15:22, moise212 said:

Thank you, both!

Richard, I sometimes think about and envy your Epsilon when I shoot with the Esprit. About the same FL, more than twice the amount of light... not sure if I should change the scope or double the amount of scopes/cameras...

Ummm, careful what you wish for as i'm finding out. I've had a few evenings farting about with the epsilon and it's finely tuned nature. Having said that it's a wonderful instrument.

On 04/07/2018 at 01:55, Allinthehead said:

Ummm, careful what you wish for as i'm finding out. I've had a few evenings farting about with the epsilon and it's finely tuned nature. Having said that it's a wonderful instrument.

I don't think it's gonna happen just because I wish for...

Archived