Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st Saturn

Knighty2112

Quick process of the first ever imaging session with Saturn this evening. Seeing was good, which resulted in a nice first image. More files to process, but enough excitement for one night me thinks! Taken with my C8 SCT, ZWO ASI 120 mc camera, with ADC fitted. Previously got Jupiter & Venus too in the twilight also, but think seeing was better later on with when I imaged Saturn. Pleased with the first result.

1st_Saturn_233702_24_06_2018.thumb.png.a4a7f6efc849dc4200974f13c30cbb19.png

5 hours ago, morimarty said:

Congrats on your first saturn Gus. It's a great feeling of achievement capturing the jewel of the solar system. So very well done (The first of many)?

Cheers! Wasn’t expecting it to be as good with been low down, but the murk last night wasn’t too bad. 

Better than my first Saturn! Well done.

The murk and low altitude makes it quite hard work doesn't it, and I imagine no one in the UK is going to knock the S hemisphere maestros off their podiums yet until Saturn returns to a decent position in the sky, whenever that is......

Chris

3 hours ago, chiltonstar said:

Better than my first Saturn! Well done.

The murk and low altitude makes it quite hard work doesn't it, and I imagine no one in the UK is going to knock the S hemisphere maestros off their podiums yet until Saturn returns to a decent position in the sky, whenever that is......

Chris

Thanks! Yes, that dreaded murk low down does create a challenge. Last night it was clearer, so not so much of it about thankfully. :) 

Archived