SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hope...

DCBassman

Well, in true Murphy's Law fashion, since I acquired my scope, there's not been even the hint of viewing here in Tavistock.

However, for the next few days, I'll be a little further out and higher up at Brentor, with massively less light pollution.

Here's hoping!

56 minutes ago, DCBassman said:

Well, in true Murphy's Law fashion, since I acquired my scope, there's not been even the hint of viewing here in Tavistock.

However, for the next few days, I'll be a little further out and higher up at Brentor, with massively less light pollution.

Here's hoping!

Such is the way of the world ;)

The only trouble is that the skies don't really that that dark currently so reduced LP is less of a benefit.  Try to get yourself somewhere where you are not looking over buildings or tarmac and hopefully you can get some nice stable views of Jupiter. It is looking great at the moment.

Hi . At this time of year then "Dark Sky's" are not really on the agenda. 

There are other objects to go for and we have had some lovely clear nights. This has enabled Jupiter to be  viewed in the southern direction around 10/11 in the evening. And with stable and clear Sky's then I have had some wonderful views of the massive gas giant. Also lunar ,again with some cloud free and stable Sky's then the scope has certainly delivered on the moon. 

The nights may be lighter at the moment and the temperature warmer. But the up side of this is observing in shirts and shorts ?

Try to find what you can observe on these lighter nights (and not what you can't) and Jupiter and lunar are certainly available??

Archived