Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Astronomer Fashion Awards

Littleguy80

Just now, johnfosteruk said:

By the way Neil and Doug, are your wives making the same faces mine is at the moment? :)

14 years of marriage have managed her expectations of what I’m prepared to do to get a laugh ;) She refers to me as her fifth child instead of her husband 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

14 years of marriage have managed her expectations of what I’m prepared to do to get a laugh ;) She refers to me as her fifth child instead of her husband 

It’s about the same here, ie I just got questioned over whether I took appropriate steps to ensure modesty for this photo!

19 minutes ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

Scrambled eggs. Don't ask me why, just think no parachute. :D 

That came out really dark. ?

I have seen pictures of skydivers wearing weird bird-like stuff to make them sort of fly across mountains and things, they'd be annoying for astronomy though as there are "wings" between the arms.

John

Scrambled eggs?. No, that won't do. Guess it's cricket then.... cucumber sandwich and tea. 

7 hours ago, Littleguy80 said:

I still have my Minion onesie in reserve ;) 

Great stuff, Doug. You’ve kept me entertained :D 

If anyone on here has an interest in astronomy as well as fashion, there are some great views of the GRS right now!

Likewise, Neil - a bit of fun until we can get back to business!

Doug.

7 hours ago, Littleguy80 said:

Not surprisingly, mine says the same thing - just swap fifth for third! 

Doug.

BTW Neil - congrats on passing the 2000 mark! 

1 hour ago, cloudsweeper said:

Not surprisingly, mine says the same thing - just swap fifth for third! 

Doug.

BTW Neil - congrats on passing the 2000 mark! 

Thanks, Doug. I guess I’ve made my mark here. As this thread shows, I have many deep and meaningful thoughts on the wonders of the cosmos to share....

6 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

Thanks, Doug. I guess I’ve made my mark here. As this thread shows, I have many deep and meaningful thoughts on the wonders of the cosmos to share....

Wonders of the cosmos, or wonders of the costumes??  ?

D.

6 hours ago, david o said:

Apart from expressing my astonishment at the sartorial elegance displayed in the thread I have to ask, Neil, where did you buy/acquire the Russian observing hood?

Thank you ;) 

The observering came from here:

http://r-sky.org/en/products/observing-hood

It’s quite popular amongst SGL members here. There’s a good member’s review thread:

Archived