Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter in the twilight

Knighty2112

Managed a brief Jupiter in the twilight before once again clouds spoiled play. Taken with my C8 SCT with ASI120mc, with 2 x Barlow fitted. Processed thru Registax & PS. Image taken approx 9:30pm in twilight with poor seeing, hence soft look. Previously I had also observed visually Venus & also Mercury once again although I never imaged any of those two this evening.

21_35_16_pipp_Jupiter_14_06_2018.thumb.png.83326ff9ca6dd0b91e84431264d0deea.png

1 hour ago, U Cyg said:

Don't despair, that's quite often the way, I have loads of images like that. ?  You will be surprised in the difference when the seeing is good.

Angie

Yes, I think I was spoiled with my first ever images of Jupiter were seeing was very good. Not matched up to the same again as yet, but at least I am getting more experience with processing. :) 

2 hours ago, orion25 said:

Not a bad image, Gus, considering the seeing. I have quite a few images like this as well. Seeing can make all the difference. You're dealing with low elevation, too!

Thanks Reggie. Just waiting for clouds to disappear, and seeing to improve again, so when those two combine again I’m hoping to catch it again. Alas though, I am away with work all next week down near London so it’ll have to wait until I return back home again.

1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

A decent image considering the conditions, never easy in the UK ? 

Thanks Pete. That jet stream certaininly makes things difficult too, along with the clouds, so not easy. I’m taking it all with the imaging as a learning experience still, as quite a steep learning curve with the software used for processing.

Archived