Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best of the year , So far

Timebandit

Well as I was invited out yesterday evening and it would be rude to decline. Then off to the local public house to meet a few gents I know I went . A pint or so later and a few games of darts under my belt it was time to head for the chippy. So fed and watered off home I went.

Up in the southern direction was the unmistakable bright glow of Jupiter. An obs session was not in the plan for this evening. But the Sky's were completely clear of cloud and the seeing conditions were looking so good and settled.

So off to the Obs I went to get the OOuk 14" out. It is the quickest of my scopes to set up. Open the door and slide it out. Literally a 2min job. I decided to grab just one eyepiece for the job. A Pentax XW 7mm. This mag is usually good for most seeing conditions and responds well on Jupiter.

The Pentax was placed in the OOuk. And telrad hit the target. All I can say is Wooow. The views were so good. The GRS was so clear and defined, with loads of colour showing. The level of band detail was also so clear and the different shades involved in the bands were also making there presence know. Jupiter details were just so good tonight. The atmosphere conditions were obviously assisting this and allowing Jupiter to be seen at its best. This was such a feast for the eye's. An hour of tracking this massive gas giant across the Sky's in all its glory. Certainty the best view's I have seen of Jupiter so far this year. I hope other members were fortunate enough to catch this great seeing conditions and placement of Jupiter.

Archived