Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Tak 4mm TOE

Pig

10 minutes ago, John said:

Look forward to hearing what it's like :smiley:

I wonder who makes them for Takahashi ?

There are no clues on the packaging etc.... It has a little sticker saying “made in Japan” ............Probably Carlesberg ? ?

14 minutes ago, Piero said:

Great news indeed! :headbang:

How about the coatings? Any chance to see how the top and bottom lenses look like? :) 

I will take some a bit later on Piero ?

1 hour ago, Pig said:
1 hour ago, JeremyS said:

Talking of the packaging: no pics of the lovely blue box it came in? :happy7:

Just for you ?

Brilliant - thank you! It makes me feel better. I've got a drawer of those boxes and i like to take a sneak peek every now and then  :happy7:

I hope you enjoy the new eyepiece and I look forward to hearing how you get on

2 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Brilliant - thank you! It makes me feel better. I've got a drawer of those boxes and i like to take a sneak peek every now and then  :happy7:

I hope you enjoy the new eyepiece and I look forward to hearing how you get on

I've got a Tak eyepiece box but no Tak eyepieces !

I keep our "Mexican Trains" in it :icon_biggrin:

domino-lok.jpg

17 hours ago, Piero said:

Great news indeed! :headbang:

How about the coatings? Any chance to see how the top and bottom lenses look like? :) 

It’s a little hard to see Piero as the glass is not abundant but the coating appears green from one angle and purple from another.

Excuse the grubby fingernails but I have keen fixing my sons motebike and the oil gets everywhere ?

81DDB26D-6D55-4704-8510-7384CA6C2EE2.jpeg

52348BD6-4521-4E2F-9DB3-4F66DEAFCCA8.jpeg

Well I got to use the 4 mm TOE tonight for around thirty minutes. I performed a direct comparison to the Nagler Zoom, keeping the zoom in approximately the 4mm position throughout.

There was only one real target to choose from and this was of course Jupiter, giving about 180 x mag for both eyepieces. Jupiter was fairly low down and the seeing was changing from poor to ok... so probably not the best of conditions but still enough to show a difference.

I kept switching betwixt the two eyepieces to make sure I kept proceedings as similar as possible and theTOE definitely showed more contrast on the two centre bands of the planet making them appear a darker colour.... there wasn’t much more I could compare given the conditions but I am sure some better skies will come along soon. Overall I am pretty pleased because there was a discernible difference and given that the NZ is no slouch I see this as a positive result for the TOE ?

Archived