Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

After a nights viewing

Hi guys just a quick one .

what do you all do to your equipment (scope/eyepieces/camera/laptop) after a nights use ? Wipe it all down ? Store it over night in shed/garage so the temperature gradually increase ? Or bring it into the house and deal with condensation then?.

Bring inside and let it dry / air out (the foam insert of my eyepiece box acts like a sponge).

Day after: wipe down / inspect for dirt / clean / store.

I also need to flip through and dry off my IDSA, and after all that is done, it's time to start my logging process :p 

The thing I do everytime is bring my telescope in and leave the cap off for about 10 minutes, I also do that with my eyepieces. With my camera I find the driest place in my house and leave it for 15 minutes then pack it all up and I am done.

As well as making sure everything is dry before I pack it away I will give any eyepieces I used a blow with an air blower as I find they are more effective at blowing off dust that has only just settled.

Archived