Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Did you hear me giggle??

Helen

I've just been having fun :D Its been patchy, scudding cloud, with wind, but with great seeing in between, all this evening.

It wasn't worth trying any images, so I just decided to do some playing around... I got the red dot finder aligned with the ZS66, and got that aligned with the NS8 and just did a bit of manual star hopping (just to see if I could remember how, having got used to goto :) ). I found manual movement so much quicker than using the motors that I could actually find things in the gaps in the clouds :lol:

So I just went cluster hunting... and bagged M45, M36, M37, M38 and the double cluster :D It was interesting seeing the differing views between the ZS66 with a 16mm eyepiece and the NS8 with a 2 inch 24mm eyepiece. Great stuff!!

...and the giggling?? well small clouds appeared when I was looking at the double cluster and so the cluster started playing hide and seek, it was great just watching it pop back again, and I couldn't help giggling!!

I remember why I love this :lol:

Helen

Just got back in from a couple of hours observing in the back garden with my neighbour. I can't say I heard any giggling though... :D

There was some cussing from me when I banged my head into the counterweights at about 11.45pm ... :)

James

Thanks guys. Just back in from a family party (fun!), but it's clear :undecided: so off out again. I can't remember when I had back-to-back clear nights :scratch: . Thankfully don't need to be in work early tomorrow 8)

Helen

Archived