Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

HEQ6 and EQ6 confusion....

madjohn

:scratch: Hi all,

Does any one know what the basic differences are between a HEQ6 mount and a EQ6 pro mount?.

as far as I can tell they are the same except that the EQ6 pro comes with GOTO as standard and the HEQ6 appears to be a EQ6 thats been upgraded to GOTO.

:) I will be buying a mount soon to mount a refractor of about 900mm to 1200mm length, are there any issues I should be aware of such as viewing near to the Zenith, would anybody recommend a mount to compliment this size refractor.

I will be mostly doing visual observing but am getting ready to start doing some CCD stuff.

Thanks for any help.

John

hello Madjohn,

HEQ6? never hear of it to be honest, mmm is that the HEQ5 pro you mean? or the NEQ6 that only comes with the SW newt.

The EQ6 pro is a good mount and you should not have anyproblems with viewing at the Zenith other than getting to the ep.

The Modded EQ6 with the goto but not Pro version i have not used but if you want a mount for imaging then i think you had better get a Pro Mount either EQ6 or HEQ5 though the 5 is possibly to little for a big newt. this is because they don't have a guide port i don't think?

other things are the vixen mounts but they are not as heavy and so not what you would be looking for.

ally

HEQ6 is a name that has arisen through confusion and then stuck. As Ally says, it doesn't exist.

Features wise, the EQ5, HEQ5 and EQ6 Synscan all have the same ones. Not sure but even the EQ3 Synscan has the same features.

If you don't mind the weight and can afford the extra, get the EQ6.

Russ

HEQ5 non GoTo RA/DEC motordrives

EQ6 non GoTo RA/DEC motordrives (heavier duty that HEQ5)

HEQ5 with SkyScan/SynScan upgrade kit has same GoTo features as HEQ5 Pro (but retains black livery)

EQ6 with SkyScan/SynScan upgrade kit has same GoTo features as EQ6 Pro (but retains black livery)

HEQ5 Pro comes with SkyScan/SynScan as standard (but has white livery)

EQ6 Pro comes with SkyScan/SynScan as standard (but has white livery)

All versions that are either SkyScan/SynScan upgraded or Pro versions have an ST4 compatible guide port.

Hope that helps!

Hi all, :) no I haven't heard of a HEQ6 either, I only asked as there is one for sale in the Stargazers 'for sale' section, Oct 3rd posted by Gary 1968 :scratch:

I've seen some mounts that have the scope mounted on the side of a piermount, obviously eliminating any chance of fouling the OTA when near the Zenith but logically I would have thought that this would increase the chances of tracking inaccuracies due to the fact that two axies are tracking instead of one, also field rotation would be a factor yes?

An equatorial would probably be best as only the RA drive is running(and cheaper as well I would of thought!)

Cheers John

Features wise, the EQ5, HEQ5 and EQ6 Synscan all have the same ones. Not sure but even the EQ3 Synscan has the same features.

Synscan was what i meant

cheers

it turns out not what i meant, Syntrek was what i meant it doesn't have GOTO but does have the guide port. cheaper than the Pro's and only the hand controller is needed to be changed to upgrade?

the should not touch the legs and if you want then you can buy half pier extentions for the SW mounts so the mount head and telescope are further away from the legs

ally

Synscan was what i meant

cheers

it turns out not what i meant, Syntrek was what i meant it doesn't have GOTO but does have the guide port. cheaper than the Pro's and only the hand controller is needed to be changed to upgrade?

the should not touch the legs and if you want then you can buy half pier extentions for the SW mounts so the mount head and telescope are further away from the legs

ally

Yeah but the hand controller is an arm and a leg!!

Archived