Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Baader MPCC

Hello, Ive recent bought a flexitube 300 and was wandering what visual benefits I would get using

the Baader MPCC. I dont have great quality eyepieces the best being a TV 32mm Plossil however the quality of the view drops away from about 60% from the centre of the FOV. anyone any experience with the visual MPCC?

Thanks

That would be awesome if we could have a visual report for the baader MPCC as i've been considering one for my F4.8 OO Europa, i'm starting to notice the stars kind of stretching to the edge of the eyepiece from about 70% outwards and would snap one of these up in an instant if it would reduce this effect!

Mark, I borrowed an MPCC visual set a while back from Steve and found it useful on eyepieces over 20mm focal length and with the maximum benefit being with good eyepieces. However some of the eyepieces I had were showing coma and also astigmatism and removing the coma only resulted in a slight improvement. I didn't get enough of a chance to really try it though and would be interested in hearing your experiences!

James

Archived