Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A cigar on fire (M82)

Jedi2014

My last "cigar" was two years ago. When I looked at the old image, I thought it might need a refresher. Here therefore is the 2018 version, into which the 2016 data were also included. Would be too bad to throw them away. It's now about nine hours HaLRGB:

m82-2018-Halrgb-small.jpg

Data, bigger and more info: http://www.spaceimages.de/en/astrophotos/galaxies/m-82-halrgb
or https://www.astrobin.com/340160/

Jens

That's a spectacular image Jens - fantastic work! I've just visited your Spaceimages web page - that's a really nicely designed website with more great images. Top notch.

Nigel

1 hour ago, NigeB said:

That's a spectacular image Jens - fantastic work! I've just visited your Spaceimages web page - that's a really nicely designed website with more great images. Top notch.

Nigel

I agree. One of the nicest webpages I’ve come across. I keep looking at the observatory build, it’s really nicely done. 

On 04/04/2018 at 17:42, tooth_dr said:

I agree. One of the nicest webpages I’ve come across. I keep looking at the observatory build, it’s really nicely done. 

Thanks for drawing my attention to the observatory build, which is so nicely laid out on the website. I’m strongly considering building one and this is a very useful resource.

Stunning image, Jens. Lovely detail and colour without pushing the processing too far. *desire for permanent pier intensifies*.

Barry

Archived