Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

This could be popular.

Chris

2 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

What are the advantages over the EQ5-Pro sysnscan?

Just being able to remove the DEC axis?

I think removing the Dec axis and counterweights would make it significantly more portable than the EQ5, but I think it might sell well with it's increased tracking accuracy also. I guess we'll see if it takes off?

1 hour ago, Lockie said:

I think removing the Dec axis and counterweights would make it significantly more portable than the EQ5, but I think it might sell well with it's increased tracking accuracy also. I guess we'll see if it takes off?

Not sure there's much gain over an EQ3 weights off and DEC locked, though, weightwise.

The better RA will surely be an improvement but the DEC worm is still only 35mm and DEC is the EQ3's weak point.

2 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Not sure there's much gain over an EQ3 weights off and DEC locked, though, weightwise.

The better RA will surely be an improvement but the DEC worm is still only 35mm and DEC is the EQ3's weak point.

I guess the Dec isn't as important as the RA? Makes sense as you only need the RA for tracking. Is it flexure then with the EQ3 in dec? I owned a few but can't say I noticed.

38 minutes ago, Lockie said:

I guess the Dec isn't as important as the RA? Makes sense as you only need the RA for tracking. Is it flexure then with the EQ3 in dec? I owned a few but can't say I noticed.

All my guiding fails have been because of backlash and stiction in DEC which would be much easier to adjust out with a bigger worm.

42 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

All my guiding fails have been because of backlash and stiction in DEC which would be much easier to adjust out with a bigger worm.

Ah I see! Yeah, I don't think this mount is for you in that case. Something with proper bearings in both axis like the Bresser Exos 2 goto might be better as a light to mid weight mount?

44 minutes ago, Lockie said:

Ah I see! Yeah, I don't think this mount is for you in that case. Something with proper bearings in both axis like the Bresser Exos 2 goto might be better as a light to mid weight mount?

HEQ5 Pro Synscan, when my lottery number comes up :icon_biggrin:

Archived