sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Ascension Super Abbe Orthoscopic Eyepiece 4.8mm short review

Afternoon all ,

Ebay asked my to write a review on the above lens ( they do that from time to time whatever you buy ) 

This is my first Orthoscopic lens , hence the short review . But I did try it very early this morning on Jupiter and compared it against my 5mm ED BST ( also a great little lens ) 

capture-20180308-135153.png

• Like 2

From my experience with the Super Abbes, I found they work better in longer focal length scopes, or when used with a Barlow lens. So if a Barlow is to be used, it would be worth acquiring some of the longer focal lengths. They are also good in binoviewers!

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

From my experience with the Super Abbes, I found they work better in longer focal length scopes, or when used with a Barlow lens. So if a Barlow is to be used, it would be worth acquiring some of the longer focal lengths. They are also good in binoviewers!

Thanks for the comment , Mike :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stephenstargazer
      Now  looking for  either a 9mm or 11mm Televue Delite in good condition, boxed and with caps. I can tolerate fair wear such as marks on the barrel but nothing on the coatings or glass.
      Put the money towards a Delos? 😈
    • By Geordie mc
      Skywatcher illuminated reticule eyepiece. It has a red crosshair pattern. I think it’s 24mm rather than the newer 12.5mm models. Great condition. Looking for £35 including postage from France. Thanks.

• By JemC
      Having a little clear out and slight change around so i have a few items that are surplus to requirements if anyone is interested,
      ALL payments to be made via:
      1st option - Bank Transfer
      2nd option - PayPal +3% to cover fees
      3rd option - cash on collection if reasonably local

Telrad Finder
      £25.00 with postage ( UK only )            SOLD
      Sky-Watcher 28mm LET 2" eyepiece              WITHDRAWN
      £15.00
      Sky-Watcher EQ6 Extension Tube for NEQ6 
      In a well used condition, purely cosmetic, could do with a good clean and re-paint but fully functional.      SOLD
      £30.00
      ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................
      Pistol grip ball head, no longer required.
      This came off a Ravelli APGL4 tripod,                 SOLD
      £25.00
      ...............................................................................

thanks for looking.
    • By imtl
      I have a Televue Ethos 10mm and 6mm for sale. 450GBP each. 
      In pristine condition with boxes and end caps.
      Cheers

• By imtl
      I have an immaculate Panoptic 41mm with the original box and with end caps. It is in pristine condition. 375GBP. The retails is 500GBP.
      ** I also have a TV Ethos 10mm and 6mm for sale. Let me know if you are interested.
      Cheers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.