Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Inward focus

Adidaz 29

Sadly not!

its not uncommon to see this sort of issue with Newtonians and DSLR's where the telescope has been designed principally for visual use. I would suggest reviewing the way you have the camera attached to the focus tube, is there any way with alternative components to reduce the distance between the camera and the focuser?

Steve

As explained in your previous post on the subject, the two option are moving the primary close to the secondary or using a barlow to move the point of focus outwards. Moving the primary may only involve using collimating screws to move the primary a centimetre or so.

Has anything changed on the telescope since this post from last year where you was able to achieve focus on the moon ?

13 hours ago, SteveA said:

Sadly not!

its not uncommon to see this sort of issue with Newtonians and DSLR's where the telescope has been designed principally for visual use. I would suggest reviewing the way you have the camera attached to the focus tube, is there any way with alternative components to reduce the distance between the camera and the focuser?

Steve

Iam flush to the focuser with no attachment s

What low profile focuser do you have? For that sort of money you could get one like I have in my pictures below. Where the camera is I achieve focus around there and there's still room to move in. It won't achieve focus with my Baader Zoom 8/24mm with the 2 inch nosepiece however even with the tube fully extended out. I need to use a small extension 2 inch to 1.25 inch and use the 1.25 inch nosepiece on the eyepiece for observing. I have a 200p however, not a 250 like you have but I would have thought the focal point on each would be to a similar ratio. Would need someone to confirm.

20180226_220211.jpg

20180226_220301.jpg

20180226_220335.jpg

On 27/02/2018 at 06:31, david_taurus83 said:

Yes,like I said, I achieve focus with the camera somewhere around there in the first picture. Can you post a picture of how you mount your camera to it?

Il post one  soon as this snows gone 

Archived