NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Red dot finder for equinox 120 ed

I have Telrads on my 2 dobs and mak, all work brilliantly.  Should I just get a base for the telrad on my 120 refractor or is there something 'better' cosmetically for a refractor like the 120 ed.  I have a raci optical finder and manual mount (skytee 2) so need a red dot of somekind to get to the right bit of the sky before using the optical finder.

Any opinions or suggestions or is Telrad the answer??

Steve

If you don’t want anything as large as a Telrad on your 120 ‘frac (let’s face it, Telrads do take up space!) Celestron do a good starpointer that has similar rings like a Telrad, but is much smaller on any scope that works well. I have two that I use regularly on my smaller scopes I have, plus a ubiquitous Telrad on my large C8.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/celestron-starpointer-pro-finderscope.html

2 hours ago, Davesellars said:

I find the Rigel QuikFinder is an excellent solution.  Naff all weight and not as susceptible to dew either.  The Telrad for me required too much room to be fitted well to the 120ED.

Hi Dave, Do you have a picture of the rigel on the 120 ED?

1 hour ago, Knighty2112 said:

If you don’t want anything as large as a Telrad on your 120 ‘frac (let’s face it, Telrads do take up space!) Celestron do a good starpointer that has similar rings like a Telrad, but is much smaller on any scope that works well. I have two that I use regularly on my smaller scopes I have, plus a ubiquitous Telrad on my large C8.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/finders/celestron-starpointer-pro-finderscope.html

I like the look and idea of this one, I think that whilst I love the Telrad, due to size on the frac, the rigel or celestron starpointer are my favourite options at present.  The Baader looks brilliant but is much more money and I have to buy a mount extension too!! Thanks for all your input so far, much appreciated.

Archived