Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader vs Astro modifications.

2 minutes ago, Redscouse said:

f coils and transformers etc. fitted to the bottom of my camera! :hiding:

:D actually, you were not far off, peeps have been known to fit copper foil/shim 'fingers'/tabs into the back of the sensor and extend out to a cooler, , , but that is a whole other topic !  :hello2: very clever peeps.

• Confused 1

Just FYI, IDAS has just released a new light pollution suppressor, LPS-D2. This suppresses LED wavelengths along with high pressure sodium. I've just picked this up 3-4 hrs ago and have not had a chance to try it out yet :-

post-232561-0-55935600-1519129166.jpgv

Edited by AnakChan
  • Like 1

Hi Pete,

All new canon DSLR's have 2 filters. Only the rear filter needs to be removed. I had mine Done by Andy Ellis at Astronomiser who I highly recommend. It cost me £95 including return postage. If you check out his website, he describes in detail what the process involves. the image below was just 30 X 180s exposures taken from my garden with medium light pollution with a CLS clip filter

John

Autosave_Windows.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Unfortunately the broad spectrum LED can't effectively be filtered out.

Where you have transmission bands (Hb, OIII, Ha etc) you will also have background LED light pollution.......

If their graphs are to be believed, this is what they've put on their page :-

27788725_1845994485435003_33099387020570

4 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Hmmm, that still shows a significant LED pollution in the filter transmission bandwidths.....

At least the main white LED light at 460nm is being cut out. Something of which the former LPS-D1 and LPS-P2 did not :-

idas-hutech-sct-filter-adapter-light-pol

Anyhow, if I get some clear skies, will do a comparison with the my former LPS-D1 and the new LPS-D2, and against the LPS-V4 too.

• 3 years later...