SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Another early start aka another clear night!!

Had another early start today  - I've never been one for getting up early after just a few hours sleep, I usually struggle with that and find it far easier to stay up all night and get sleep the next night but this is twice in a week I've found it easy to get up at 3am... must be age!?

It was off down to the beach again looking for spots to take some nice timelapses and now that I've found a good spot that's the next 8-10 clear nights all booked up, so I'll probably be going there for the next two years :(  . I actually remembered my camera bag this time and charged up the laptop!

Here's just a couple of images from this morning, one's a bit of a noisy selfie but there you go... think I went too high on the ISO :) The slim, svelte figure that I have (cough) is well disguised by the artic gear I was wearing and the red dot is from the 6D recording a timelapse...

From just at the mouth of the River Otter in Budleigh Salterton. Both pictures taken with a Canon 70D, Samyang 14mm lens at f/4 20 second exposure ISO 3200...

If you click on the images a slightly better version will load..

ReflectionsA.thumb.jpg.6cc2512753a10405e16beb8cd5b968bd.jpg

Selfie.thumb.jpg.4e8695b2347bc258a5cf85b9392c2d59.jpg

29 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

The sea must be quite magical at night with all that quiet.

Certainly magical, definitely not quiet!! :) Its incredible how much constant noise there is, booming waves, rocks bashing each other (Budleigh has a pebbled beach). On the other side of where I was timelapsing the sound of the waves/sea is muted and you get the noises of the tide coming in up the river, lots of gurgles and clinks of stones tapping each other. All stuff that you don't hear during the day.. :) 

On 16/02/2018 at 11:08, happy-kat said:

For me quiet is all natural sounds, no cars or people even if you had all the natural noises.

Fair enough :)  Actually, complete silence would drive me mad anyway (I have a constant hiss in my ears so other noise is good!). Lets just say that the human sounds were at a minimum, just the occasional jovial Good Morning from dog walkers :) No sirens, no cars, no tractors etc.. :) 

Archived