Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ah the Moon... Been a while old friend

MarsG76

Hello Everyone...

Its been a while since I played with Luna... 

I captured this a while ago at F10 on the 8 SE using the DMK41 through a IRPass685 filter... it's nowhere near as good as others have posted but this was captured during less than favorable seeing conditions, the video was shimmering like I was recording through water.

clear skies y'all.

MG

IMG_1364.JPG

30 minutes ago, Trevor N said:

Looks fine. I know what you mean about seeing. I regularly drag all the gear onto the patio to be confronted with a blancmange image

Thanks, I meant that I had sharper images of the moon before.... 

Yes I did understand. Comms failure here. ! I realise this is not your best work but it’s interesting you have similar issues thousands of miles away on the other side of the globe. Same atmosphere I guess.

Seriously though I wonder if we take all this technology for granted. When I was a kid messing around with film cameras I couldn’t achieve anything as good as our worst efforts these days.

Hope we both get a run of good skies this year

3 hours ago, Trevor N said:

interesting you have similar issues thousands of miles away

Sometimes I think it's worse conditions than up over (get it... Opposite of "down under") :-/

than I read some reports and think that I need to move to the atacama desert... Grass is not always greener on the other side.

3 hours ago, Trevor N said:

Seriously though I wonder if we take all this technology for granted. When I was a kid messing around with film cameras I couldn’t achieve anything as good as our worst efforts these days.

I would say definitely we do... Think about how much processing goes into a astro image...during Film days that was not possible... So our images would be limited to single sub quality.  If we managed to get to our levels, with digital, it's instant to see results and correct and free, with film it's developing cost and time, so I doubt that there would be so many of us involved with astrophotography... I know that if not for digital photography, I certainly would not be.

Archived