NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Luna 29-1-2019 6 pane mosaic

Ibbo!

Very pretty mosaic! if you like to post a file copy of the finished mosaic in its full Resolution i'd love to tinker in Lightroom, being a photographer i love bringing out details on the lunar surface, i would repost the tinkered copy back in this string for you to compare of course, i love the mosaic!

53 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Very pretty mosaic! if you like to post a file copy of the finished mosaic in its full Resolution i'd love to tinker in Lightroom, being a photographer i love bringing out details on the lunar surface, i would repost the tinkered copy back in this string for you to compare of course, i love the mosaic!

The Flikr is supposed to be a tiff file can you download that one ?

The orinal was slightly bigger I could put that on Flickr later this evening

The Flikr file was also small, largest i could download was 715 kb, regardless i did some editing in lightroom which is actually a RAW file developer photographers use, i had limited control due to file size but regardless you can see here i was able to enhance significantly the details. the comparison shot is just a screen capture and not original resolution like the single photo.

Mosaic edit.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 2.56.32 PM.png

Thanks for that.

i do mine in PS and tend to a softer approach -except early last week when I was trying a new to me sharpening technique.

You have certainly pulled aout more contrast.

Odd that it only lets you download a smaller version.

I greatly enjoyed looking at your moon mosaic in Flikr, it can be enlarged to fill my entire 27" monitor and the detail is beautiful, gave me the impression i was approaching the moon in a craft. Craters are clearly visible along the entire surface which is something you hardly see through a scope, i found myself kind of transfixed using my mouse to pan across the surface, first time i've seen the moon like that.

Archived