NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Exos 2 mount or no mount??

I found an Exos 2 Goto mount for decent price, i hear this essentially was the LXD75, anyone out there have any experience with this mount? i am fairly well versed on Celestron, skywatcher and Meade mounts having had them, but i know 

nothing about this exes 2, i would use it for visual mainly and solar AP tracking.

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 9.51.50 PM.png

I have not owned one I these, but I did have one of the much older Bresser mounts. It was well built and more like an EQ5 than I expected in terms of size.

I would not imagine it would have any trouble with your Lunt 50. I had my Lunt double stack on my older mount, with just a single axis motor, which wasn't even the correct motor and it still track reasonably well.

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/541000-issues-with-bresser-exos-2-mount/

A quick google search does show a couple of discussions regarding the GOTO facility on them, but that's about all really. 

Hi. I've had one for 2 years. A good, well built mount.

The only issue was when I didn't have sufficient power. Use a 6A 12v unit and you''ll be fine. Oh, and no ascom driver. There's also a loud 'beep' from the handset when it's finished a manoeuvre; blu-tak the piezo;) HTH. 

Archived