Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

RED ALERT WE HAVE CLEAR SKIES RED ALAERT

timetraveller

Oh joy and raptures

I have just been out in my back garden here in swindon and using my bino's have just been staring up at Andromeda and i think even a dim glimpse of the blue snowball which means only one thing guys we have clear skies seeing isn't brilliant i estimate it to be at about 70 % but hey guys go take a look for yourself we can see STARS

I just got back from our local astro club meeting, the skies are clear, Amanda's away until monday or tuesday so I guess I'll be up until dawn, weather permitting, for the next few days :smiley:

I finally got an internet connection in the observatory, and a new DAB radio down here and I'm currently imaging the crescent nebula in Ha before shifting to M33.

Cheers

Rob

I just got back from our local astro club meeting, the skies are clear, Amanda's away until monday or tuesday so I guess I'll be up until dawn, weather permitting, for the next few days :smiley:

I finally got an internet connection in the observatory, and a new DAB radio down here and I'm currently imaging the crescent nebula in Ha before shifting to M33.

Cheers

Rob

sounds like a home from home Rob,

i wish it was clear here but alas the clouds are staying put :bino2:

enjoy the clear skies everyone

I had a good night astro'ing on thursday, nice and clear. Last night I was commited to going to the cinema, fairly gutted as we went in as the skies were incredibly clear and the choice of films to see was fairly poor. By the time we got out it was pretty misty out, stars still showing but poor seeing, by about 1am it was really bad. Tonight is looking like its going to be a good night though.

Tonight is looking good here at the moment, it's been a bit misty most of the day but has cleared a lot in the last hour or so.

I made it through to 4am last night, by which time the mist had arrived and I'd got through enough matchsticks keeping my eyes open!

Managed around 15 x 10 minute luminance shots of M33, and 10 6 minute Ha of the Crescent nebula, all with the WO scope. Hope to get some OIII for the crescent, and some colour plus lots more luminance for M33 tonight.

I've also got some of the local astronomy group coming round early in the evening, and I plan to have a look at Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune through the 14. It doesn't get much use visually but sometimes it's well worth it just to remind myself of what a great scope it is, plus, I've never seen Uranus or Neptune so I think it's about time!

Cheers

Rob

Archived