NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

jupiter obs

alhiggs

well over last 24hrs flashing has been seen near jupiter maybe nothing and not claiming it to be anything big if you spot anything could you let me know just want to know if anyone else sees this flashing think it be good.if we all looked 

3 minutes ago, alhiggs said:

well over last 24hrs flashing has been seen near jupiter maybe nothing and not claiming it to be anything big if you spot anything could you let me know just want to know if anyone else sees this flashing think it be good.if we all looked 

Interesting. Perhaps not so many people observing Jupiter at the moment as it is rising in the morning, but I'm sure people will report anything they see.

16 minutes ago, alhiggs said:

Oumuamua is heading towards jupiter is half way there could these flashes be fragments and could Oumuamua be on collision with jupiter shoemaker levy 9 all over again

The science community would be all over this if it were going to happen, so it is highly unlikely.

8 minutes ago, alhiggs said:

just a  theory lol who knows what This flashing is them

Yep, nothing wrong with thinking about what might happen, but know that there are many people out there watching these objects and calculating their trajectories so they will know when big events are going to happen.  Oumuamua hitting Jupiter would be a big and much anticipated event.

That's not to say that smaller, undetected objects might hit without warning.

My belief is still that what you saw was likely a head on meteor. I could not see any likely satellites passing at the right time.

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Yep, nothing wrong with thinking about what might happen, but know that there are many people out there watching these objects and calculating their trajectories so they will know when big events are going to happen.  Oumuamua hitting Jupiter would be a big and much anticipated event.

That's not to say that smaller, undetected objects might hit without warning.

My belief is still that what you saw was likely a head on meteor. I could not see any likely satellites passing at the right time.

appreciate what your saying your probs right is sound like I'm getting stuck on idea it's a comet or something I aint just thinking outside of the box

2 hours ago, alhiggs said:

appreciate what your saying your probs right is sound like I'm getting stuck on idea it's a comet or something I aint just thinking outside of the box

Well it is not a comet. Anything you saw would have been fleeting in nature, such as a meteor as suggested.

Archived