Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My First Geminid!

14 hours ago, geordie85 said:

Well done. It's always nice to bag your first meteor.

I always seem to have my camera pointing in the wrong direction or they pass through between exposures. 

Thanks, geordie. I know what you mean about pointing the camera in the wrong direction or having the shutter close just when one emerges. I took about 50 exposures before I got this one, and I didn't even think it was in my field. The small meteor that I just knew I captured in one exposure didn't even show up!

14 hours ago, Knighty2112 said:

Good capture Reggie. Well done mate! :) 

Thanks, Gus. I've been wanting to capture a meteor for a while. The Perseids, Orionids and the Leonids all disappointed me this year. Go, Geminids!

14 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

Nice capture Reggie, not easy to get oneon the chip. Even during a decent shower. 

Thanks, Pete. You are so right; it takes patience and determination to catch a meteor. I took about 50 shots before I got this one. Hide and seek at its height!

27 minutes ago, orion25 said:

Thanks, geordie. I know what you mean about pointing the camera in the wrong direction or having the shutter close just when one emerges. I took about 50 exposures before I got this one, and I didn't even think it was in my field. The small meteor that I just knew I captured in one exposure didn't even show up!

If you take note of the image number you think you caught a meteor you can try stretching the single image to bring it out. You'll be surprised at how many you actually catch. It can be a long process though going through each image. 

3 hours ago, geordie85 said:

If you take note of the image number you think you caught a meteor you can try stretching the single image to bring it out. You'll be surprised at how many you actually catch. It can be a long process though going through each image. 

Thanks for the suggestion!:icescream:

Archived