NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Supermoon in super clouds...

StargeezerTim

47 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

Lovely shots. Looks like the moon got trapped in a nebula!

My precise thought, before I read the reply.  I'd print and frame the second picture, it's incredible.

I've just come inside for dinner (1930 hours, EST here), been outside shooting the Moon every way I know how. Trying different combinations of exposure time and ISO, at prime, with an extension tube to decrease the image size, and with different EP's to home in on different areas at different magnification. I started taking pictures as soon as the Moon was clear of the trees, about 5 degrees above the horizon. Nice yellowish color, and a very thin cirrostratus layer to shoot through.  And wouldn't you know it, right while I was changing over to the extension tube, a high jet flew straight across the disc, leaving a contrail, and I missed it. I've got the .7 reducer on right now; when I go back out I'm going to take it off and shoot some more. I'll post them up in a separate thread if I get any decent ones.

I'll have to do really well to even come close to Stargeezer's, though.

Archived