Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

California HaRGB...

StargeezerTim

I got 19 x 10min Ha subs tonight (iso 1600) and added to the 24 X 5min RGB subs from last night.Gives a total of 5hrs 10min integration time.

The Ha has boosted the edges of the nebula but did not make such a great difference as on some other targets. DSS and PS, 100D and Star 71.

Time to leave California now...

5a1cced0c62ee_CaliforniaHaRGBfinished.thumb.png.080819a408fda88546a9cb64c68a4695.png

Another fantastic result and with a fellow DSLR Astro imager....

On my screen looks a little over saturated... I think turning down the saturation or color vibrance will give it that "gas" feel. 

Trick in PS I use to even out hue, color and remove any chromatic abberations is afyer I process my color image, I copy the image into another layer, desaturate the new layer and set it as LUMA... later Gaussian blur the original at 5-10 pixels... 

the luma will regain your detail, and the blurred color layer will remove any chromatic abberations.

you might find the new version less saturated, so if you want more color, just increase saturation in the blurred layer and in real time you'll see your image color come up or down... 

1 hour ago, MarsG76 said:

Another fantastic result and with a fellow DSLR Astro imager....

On my screen looks a little over saturated... I think turning down the saturation or color vibrance will give it that "gas" feel. 

Trick in PS I use to even out hue, color and remove any chromatic abberations is afyer I process my color image, I copy the image into another layer, desaturate the new layer and set it as LUMA... later Gaussian blur the original at 5-10 pixels... 

the luma will regain your detail, and the blurred color layer will remove any chromatic abberations.

you might find the new version less saturated, so if you want more color, just increase saturation in the blurred layer and in real time you'll see your image color come up or down... 

Thanks for the tip...Had a quick play and came up with this. Certainly fluffier now!

5a1d8f806a78f_CaliforniaHaRGBfinishedMars.thumb.png.11131bd6d525e697418576fbb4336a24.png

Archived