NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Guide North or Guide South

AlistairW

Hi. Answer to first question: If DEC backlash is out of control, polar align and then turn the mount azimuth and/or altitude adjusters say 1/2 turn. Run the ga and see which way the star dirfts. Set DEC to guide the opposite. HTH.

Hi Alistair

As others have already said, it helps to visualise corrections if you mountf your guidecam so that north/south movement is up and down the screen.

I run my guidecam like this but "upside down", so that the USB socket is at the "bottom".

PHD2 doesn't care, it works out which way the camera is orientated from the Calibration run.

So if your Dec trendline is heading towards the "Guide North" message in the top right corner of the guide graph window, that means you need to guide north to correct the error.

Michael

On 11/25/2017 at 23:56, michael8554 said:

So if your Dec trendline is heading towards the "Guide North" message in the top right corner of the guide graph window, that means you need to guide north to correct the error.

Well apologies, I wrote that from memory, but it's wrong !

If your Dec Trendline is heading towards the "Guide North" message, that means you have to guide SOUTH to bring the Trendline back toward the middle.

Michael

Archived