Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pi3 B's on sale

Dr_Ju_ju

Thanks for the heads-up but I already have several spares :D  OTOH I might check up and work out how many I might want :D

That's £28.80 + £2.50 P&P = £31.30  Amazon UK are selling them at £32 with Prime delivery next day.  So offer saves 70p.

Doesn't look that much different.  Is it faster?  Still only USB2 and not USB3 and 10/100 Ethernet rather than 1Gb/s.  Now a Pi with USB3 and 1Gb/s Ethernet would interest me :D

40 minutes ago, Gina said:

Doesn't look that much different.  Is it faster?  Still only USB2 and not USB3 and 10/100 Ethernet rather than 1Gb/s.  Now a Pi with USB3 and 1Gb/s Ethernet would interest me :D

You mean a Pine64 :)

Got the Pine64 and it doesn't have USB3 just two USB2 ports :(  I does have gigabit Ethernet but without USB3 it won't do what I want.  Guess I should have checked before ordering (guess brain wasn't up to par!).  Have to send it back - no problem with Amazon.

On 28/10/2017 at 13:00, Gina said:

Got the Pine64 and it doesn't have USB3 just two USB2 ports :(  I does have gigabit Ethernet but without USB3 it won't do what I want.  Guess I should have checked before ordering (guess brain wasn't up to par!).  Have to send it back - no problem with Amazon.

Did it look like one of these?

https://www.pine64.org/

https://www.pine64.org/?product=rock64-media-board-computer

Clearly its got 2 USB 2 ports and 1 USB 3 - maybe there's some old boards or clones around.

Ah yes - I see why the confusion arose - thanks :)  Amazon have them in all 3 memory sizes.  Trouble is, I don't know how much memory I shall need.  May ask on the indiserver forum once I can get registered.

Archived