Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A good solid 9x50 Finderscope holder

Can anyone recommend a good Finderscope holder?

The one that came with the 200p and Finderscope is far too easy to knock out of line. Especially when the guide camera is attached. 

Ive seen the Baader one, but for close to £80 was hoping for another option if possible. 

Thanks. Mike

1 hour ago, Hailfire101 said:

Can anyone recommend a good Finderscope holder?

The one that came with the 200p and Finderscope is far too easy to knock out of line. Especially when the guide camera is attached. 

Ive seen the Baader one, but for close to £80 was hoping for another option if possible. 

Thanks. Mike

You dont need to point your guide cam exactly to same target you are imaging. Basicly you need to point it forward and thats it. If you are trying to eliminate differential flexture, well thats another story.

21 minutes ago, Hailfire101 said:

It's more, I don't like how loose it is. Not tight and easily nudged. Just bugs me a little. 

You have got the rubber "O" ring firmly in place around the finder tube and tightly wedged into the front of the finder mount ring I assume ?

Apologies if you know all about this but I thought it worth mentioning, just in case. :smiley:

This is probably why it's loose!  No one rings on my finder or bracket. Just the two thumb screws and the spring release thumb thing. 

Just checked again. I've never seen an o-ring on the finder (it is second hand). 

Do you know what size I will need? This will work out much much cheaper. Ha

Archived