Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

7 September - Falcon 9 launch

N3ptune

I just saw this video, I think it's incredible.. in HD 22 minutes of pure joy.

The launch of the beautiful Falcon 9 Rocket delivering the X-37b to space with the best part at the end, the reentry and landing of the first stage of the rocket with the precision. Unbelievable, thumbs up for the Americans and SpaceX.

What amazes me is not just the technical achievement of launching, deploying and landing a rocket but the fact it does it all in about 10 minutes! In that time, it has reached an altitude of 140 Kilometres, a speed of 5500km / hour, it takes me longer to walk to the town at lunchtime! 

Incredible times we live in.:hello2:

Wonderful. I saw two launches in August in Florida. First one from 70 miles away at our villa and one from 5 miles away on Playalinda Beach.

I actually saw the Space-X first stage coming back down as per the video from 70 miles away as a yellow dot. Great to see the video, thanks for sharing!

Id recommend to everyone to witness a launch, it's a fantastic spectacle.

IMG_5627.JPG

IMG_5638.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_6675_2.jpg

4 hours ago, Droogie 2001 said:

What amazes me is not just the technical achievement of launching, deploying and landing a rocket but the fact it does it all in about 10 minutes! In that time, it has reached an altitude of 140 Kilometres, a speed of 5500km / hour, it takes me longer to walk to the town at lunchtime! 

Incredible times we live in.:hello2:

You said it, and not much people will travel a 5500kmh in their lives, it's very fast to go to space with the proper technology.. it's looks like an easy thing to reach lower orbit when I see technology like that.

I impressed by the amount of programming they must do in order to that, to be able to control the tube coming down and considering many dynamic physical factors. They control a large cylinder with jets of fire.. all the algorithms required to do that and dynamic adjustments for me it's a computing marvel. Very actual technology. 

@tooth_dr

wow you are lucky, very nice you took pictures too. I wish i could see that one day. In the pictures which rocket is it?

Archived