NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky Safari 5

DavidJM

So I keep reading that sky safari is the best software out there, I use stellarium on my tablet and dso planner pro which is Ok, stellarium isn't a patch on the PC version but I rarely get the laptop out these days. Having missed the great Android sale last week is sky safari worth the expense £13.99 for plus and £37.49 for Pro, are sales a common thing? Is Pro worth over double the price of Plus? Help appreciated

I use the pro in order to control my Dob via my 8" android tablet wirelessly.

For just standard planetarium use their is no real need for the pro.

If you are thinking of controlling your scope via the app in the future then buy the pro.

57 minutes ago, Singlin said:

I use the pro in order to control my Dob via my 8" android tablet wirelessly.

For just standard planetarium use their is no real need for the pro.

If you are thinking of controlling your scope via the app in the future then buy the pro.

Thanks, I hadn't thought about control, always a possibility one day but happy for now star hopping and learning the sky

I have got the plus version and it can control my scope...I thought the pro version adds a lot more faint objects that I will never use....but please confirm for yourself. It also has a couple of other features over the plus version that I didn't deem important to myself at the time.

However I still prefer Stellarium mobile for 95% of my use, it is just so much easier to see where things are in the actual sky but it may be that I haven't given Sky Safari enough time.

Sky Safari is a much, much more complete package though...but that doesn't always make it the best for simple tasks....

If you are not desperate you could wait until it goes on special again (if it does) but the plus version is still decent value at ~£14.

Archived