Brotherly Love

wookie1965

Although I have had my scope (scopes) for 5 years now my brother has never looked through them. As there was a window of a couple of hours tonight thought I would give him a quick tour of some of my favourites. Saturn was behind trees I so wanted him to see this, he wanted to see some galaxies so had to go to Andromeda he liked that, he is going have a look at it through his binoculars told him probably be better. Why we was there showed him NGC 7662 (Blue snowball) should of seen his face could not believe it the same with the ring nebula M57 and M27 (Dumbbell) next some clusters obviously the double in Perseus NGC 869/884 M13 and M92 upped the mag on these so he could pick out individual stars. Caroline`s rose NGC 7789 cranked mag up on this bring detail out 8mm x125. M11 (Wild duck) NGC 457 (Owl)  and finally 3 doubles Albireo a must this time of year, 1 Peg SAO 107073 lovely Orange and delicate blue companion.  Finally Σ2799 SAO 107165 close twin yellow stars. Big bank of cloud came over but we had nearly two hours he has the bug now he is talking about getting a scope, he wants to come down and look at Orion told him give it a few weeks and get another good night we will do it. He thanked me with a smile on his face and he helped me pack up bring kit in.

Sounds great Wookie,

spending time with your brother sounds really good and enjoyable for you both, was he already interested or have you managed to plant the Astro seed of interest?

Times like this are special and should be treasured.

2 hours ago, Alan White said:

Sounds great Wookie,

spending time with your brother sounds really good and enjoyable for you both, was he already interested or have you managed to plant the Astro seed of interest?

Times like this are special and should be treasured.

I got him into it a few years ago he has some 20x80 binoculars. I send him binocular objects of the month out of the sky at night magazine,  he is still learning the sky but I wanted show him through my scope and he wants one now it is a pity Saturn was behind some trees would have loved that.

Archived