Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Modded 350D - Finally Firstlight :)

Psychobilly

At last I got a clearish night and have been able to Firstlight the Modded 350D on a Ha Target :D

Chose IC1396 as it was in the clearest patch of sky but towards the LP :D

Managed 7x300s before the skies were getting too light

Image needs far more data to smooth it out and flats etc...

8298_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It was also my first chance to try the focusing masks for the 8" and the 66 they seemed to work quite well :Envy:

Should have spent more time on IC1396 rather than faffing around on M45 for an hour or so - it was in the clearest patch of sky when I first setup and I was testing the focus masks on it...

Just great to be back out again for the first time in weeks...

Oh well better get off to work now :(

Billy...

Data...

Uncropped (Res-sized to 800 wide) Image

7x300s @ ISO800 Canon 350D (Filter Removed)

Skywatcher Equinoxe 66 Pro with William Optics FF III

Hutech IDAS P2 Filter

Guided with DSI IIC on CPC 800

A CLS filter would help too, they do a cracking job on LP.

Thanks George :D

I use a 2" Hutech IDAS P2 on the nose piece of the William Optics Field Flattner III and a Lumicon Deep SKy SCT filter on the 8"

I find the Hutech is a superb filter getting rid of the LP with minimal color cast the Lumiucon is a bit stronger giving more of a color cast.

Billy...

Thanks DOC :(

But last night was only my 3rd night in the obs since I built it... looks promising for tonight though - althought thats probably put the tin hat on it :D

Just taken 38 random clear sky images between 140 and 200 degrees offset from the sunset which I can hopefully get a set of flats from, another set of 20 bias frames and the cmaeras doing a set of darks at tonights settings as I type this...

So hopefully....

Billy....

The sensitivity to the Red wavelenghts has increased 5 fold whilst the red and blue has esentially stayed the same (a slight increase).

SO I suppose you would need 5 times the exposure to get the red about the same but would then be probably over exposing the blue and green .

Is that the right thinking?

looks like a good few hours tonight and the cam now has a PSU rather than batteries so tahts another limiting factor gone...:(

Can someone dim or better still switch the moon off please :D

Billy...

Thanks for that Billy,so maybe for nebulae it would be just as well to take b&w images or is it possible to tweek enough red out of the image in photoshop without messing the rest of it up.

I'm just itching to get out and take that first long exposure image,probably be adventurous and do something unusual like M31 :D

Come up here btw,the moons off :( Might clear later but this horrible really low level cloud is whizzing by,really damp stuff.

The sensitivity to the Red wavelenghts has increased 5 fold whilst the red and blue has esentially stayed the same (a slight increase).

I have some light pollution from a nearby small city and have experienced to overexpose the red channel on a 3 minute exposure (even with a LP filter). With a non-modified camera the image would have been fine. (Well, not "fine" but properly exposed)...

Archived