NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 7635 Bubble Bi-Color Narrowband

Rudeviewer

Here is my process of the bubble in Bi-Color. Finally got a little more data to make this a color image. Right now this image has 8 hrs 30 mins, 9 x 30min HA - 8 x 30min OIII with the AT8RC on the MAch1 GTO.  I need a few more subs to clean the HA up but it came out ok for the beginning dither problems i had, so i won't complain too much.  The OIII data was my first try using SGPro to run everything.  Took a bit of messing around with and help from a friend, but I am finally getting all the bugs worked out.  I will be gathering SII for this image as well to make it at least "complete".  I did a gold and blue version but for now i prefer this one.  I also used Star Spikes Pro to bring out a few diffraction spikes, some like em, some don't.  For me I like a few otherwise i wouldn't be imaging with an AT8RC.

Bubble Bi-Color Red-blue - PS.png

46 minutes ago, Rudeviewer said:

Thank you sir!  Much appreciated. 

I captured some SII but found a tough target to process once adding the SII.  Maybe ill post it up.

I think we need to see the 'Hubble' version.

16 minutes ago, gnomus said:

I think we need to see the 'Hubble' version.

Red stars are a bit over saturated, but i do like this.  Had a different approach on this one then the red/blue version actually used a masked stretch after combining them in pixelmath.  This was a straight SHO no other percentages worked in.  Also cropped a bit to square the image out a bit.  Still really need more time on the HA since i use it as a LUM to clean everything up at the end of the process.  Constructive criticism welcome.  

bubbke Masked Strtch.png

This is great.  It has much more of a 3D effect than the bicolour - not that I dislike the bicolour or anything.  This presentation is, to my eye, a little lacking in contrast - a slight 'milky' feel.  I think this would be easy to take care of - just a hint more contrast and bring in the black point a tad.  But only a little, mind - it is really quite super, as is.  

2 minutes ago, gnomus said:

This is great.  It has much more of a 3D effect than the bicolour - not that I dislike the bicolour or anything.  This presentation is, to my eye, a little lacking in contrast - a slight 'milky' feel.  I think this would be easy to take care of - just a hint more contrast and bring in the black point a tad.  But only a little, mind - it is eally quite super, as is.  

I can do that.  Does the gold seem too redish?

and i think this is why i left it milky a bit, there is a lot of noise when i drop black levels too much and added any contrast.

EDIT:  This is too bad actually, at first i added the wrong rendition that was wayy too black clipped.  

33 minutes ago, Adam J said:

I like the bi-color better it looks like it has more faint detail to my eye.

I would take that with a pinch of salt though as in general I dislike SHO pallet across the board.

The bi-color works with those colors for sure.  When i try to map the full narrowband colors like that it just doesn't work at all.

Archived