Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Partial Eclipse from South Devon

Ok so it is not as impressive as the full thing, but any eclipse is always good to see. It was also nice to see the sunspot activity and the clouds moving across the face of the sun.

Images shot from the Golf Course above Teignmouth on Little Haldon looking across the vale of Haytor looking towards Dartmoor. The final couple of shots show the sun dropping down below one of the rock outcrops on the horizon.

Eclip2.thumb.jpg.95d60d0349d2f331a124341788b3074d.jpg

A single shot for a bit more details...  Images shot on 1Dx fitted with 100 - 400 II and a home made  front cap which includes a sheet of Baader Astro Solar Film

Eclip1.thumb.jpg.67cc98db91d72160ec697f7ef387e37c.jpg

1 hour ago, Alan White said:

Wonderful images, much how I viewed it.  (the cloud is the icing on the cake).
Now makes me wish I had set up a camera for solar imaging.

It was a simple DSLR and a bit of solar film - but I know exactly what you mean :)

35 minutes ago, Mark at Beaufort said:

Nice photos John - I chased around South Wales to obtain a clear spell but failed by just 8 minutes for the start.

I had the same with last weeks luna eclipse, astro in the UK is never kind or simple

Nice work, John. I agree with the consensus that the clouds add ambience. The sunspots add a nice touch, too. So happy you could arrange that, lol :p

Beautiful sequence of photos, and the single shot was nothing short of stunning (what composition: moon to the lower left, cloud to the upper right with sunspots sprinkled across the center). Bravo!:hello2:

Reggie

6 hours ago, orion25 said:

Nice work, John. I agree with the consensus that the clouds add ambience. The sunspots add a nice touch, too. So happy you could arrange that, lol :p

Beautiful sequence of photos, and the single shot was nothing short of stunning (what composition: moon to the lower left, cloud to the upper right with sunspots sprinkled across the center). Bravo!:hello2:  Reggie

I was really after the ISS going across the face, or a jet aircraft would have been nice - but I was just chuffed to see it and  thank you for the kind comments

Archived