Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heads up Vixen ED115s ex display model

Tring Astro have an ex display ED115s on offer at just under £1600.. a saving of almost £1000 on the new cost.

Not cheap, even now, but a lovely scope and currently Vixens' largest apo. Gets good reviews over the pond and a good step up from the ED103s, but still very lightweight..easily handled on an EQ5 class mount?.

Dave

I believe Harrison's also have one at a similar price.

3 hours ago, nightfisher said:

Dave, you posted this 3 times so i took the liberty of tidying up.

A good price for a very nice telescope

Thanks Jules, had internet problems so didn't realise it had posted x3!?

Dave

I've been looking at these but I've already got the excellent ED120 so can't really justify it :undecided:

I had a close up look at one at the SW Astro Fair last weekend. Very nice looking scope and I do love Vixen products :icon_biggrin:

On 19/08/2017 at 08:05, F15Rules said:

Tring Astro have an ex display ED115s on offer at just under £1600.. a saving of almost £1000 on the new cost.

Not cheap, even now, but a lovely scope and currently Vixens' largest apo. Gets good reviews over the pond and a good step up from the ED103s, but still very lightweight..easily handled on an EQ5 class mount?.

Dave

I believe Harrison's also have one at a similar price.

Tring were at the NWAF in Cheshire a few weeks ago and they had the ex display 115mm on show. It wasn't mounted but was laid on a bench along with a few other scopes and it looked very nice. I had chance to twiddle with its focuser, which felt smooth and easy to use. At the same time they had a 103ED on a sphynx mount but its focuser was truly diabolical, being both spongy and gritty at the same time. The 115ED though looked and felt like a class act.

Archived