Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Shot At Andromeda tonight

Well it seems cleaner I think. 407 X 2 seconds at 200mm iso 8000, with darks and bias. Tried locking down the core but...meh. Feels like I'm doing something wrong in post, even tho I've gone over some tutorials.

Apologies for the watermark. Default that I forgot to switch off on export.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A curious thing about AP - the more you do the more you see in an image that can be improved. That's the way it (art?) is, but take pleasure when others appreciate an image. For sure practice makes for improvement - looking back at a previous image you were happy with makes this evident. :happy11:

On 18/08/2017 at 21:16, Maxrayne said:

Andromeda -4.jpg

Looks Good... my only criticism is that your blacks are a little green... if you add red and blue to the black level (or just subtract green from black level) you'll have more colour pop out if the Galaxy...

nice work... good data.

1 hour ago, MarsG76 said:

Looks Good... my only criticism is that your blacks are a little green... if you add red and blue to the black level (or just subtract green from black level) you'll have more colour pop out if the Galaxy...

nice work... good data.

Ty kindly ?

There's a method I used in PS using a dropper tool that's meant to kill the..."sky glow"? whereby u set it to the value of 35 for RGB respectively, click on a non luminous area and it does the rest. Got a feeling I may have miss-clicked. I'll have a look when I get home from work ?

Archived